WATER DRAGON CAGE BUILD Pg. 2
The styrene gluing has begun
I read somewhere that a major stress factor for water dragons is glass siding along the edge of the substrate. Apparently it's like looking over the edge of a cliff and it makes them continually nervous. As a result I wanted to make my based piece entirely closed in with grout siding.
I used liquid nails as slayer suggested for an adhesive, but I wasn't too sure how well it would hold the weight of the grout that will covered the siding, so I used addition nuts and bolts to give added anchor support between the foam and the wood.
I'm going to add a couple more shelves, then it's finally on to grouting.
This was a last minute decision. This hole will serve as a cup holder for a live pot plant (probably a pathos). This way the plant can have full drainage at the bottom of the pot
There will be more branches added, but this is the concept so far.
People were asking how it disassembles.
I had extra insolation foam so decided to put it on the bottom since the enclosure will be on the tile floor in the basement.
And the grouting has begun
This is the plumbing setup for the waterfall.